Date: February 15, 2022
Job Title: Clubhouse Manager
Club Description: Ulen Country Club is a private, member owned club located in Lebanon, Indiana. The club was founded in 1924 by Henry Ulen and features a well-manicured eighteen-hole golf course designed by nationally known course architect, William H. “Bill” Diddel. Ulen Country Club provides a unique private golf club experience coupled with fine dining and social opportunities for members and their guests.
The clubhouse features a casual dining bar, family-friendly casual dining areas and a formal dining room to accommodate a wide range of dining experiences. The formal dining room opens into an elegant ballroom, creating an ideal space for club-sponsored social activities as well as private events.
Position Description: The Clubhouse Manager reports directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the supervision of all clubhouse facilities and staff including the dining rooms, bar, kitchen, maintenance and house. The Clubhouse Manager serves as the liaison between clubhouse operations and the public and is required to maintain the utmost courtesy and professionalism in all interactions with members, guests and staff.
• Manage daily restaurant operations
• Schedule personnel and plan dining room set-up based upon anticipated needs
• Supervise dining room/bar staff to ensure proper service, providing hands-on support if necessary
• Hire and evaluate dining room/bar staff
• Work with the Executive Chef to ensure efficient food and beverage service in all club functions and special events
• Maintain the appearance, cleanliness and safety of the dining rooms, equipment and fixtures
• Coordinate all golf and social functions of the club, as well as non-member catering and golf outing events
• Responsible for bar inventory and ordering
• Interact with members and guests and assist with any questions or issues
• Responsible for website upkeep, including newsletters, specials, calendars, email and social media
• Supervise and evaluate clubhouse maintenance staff
• Assist the Office Manager in areas related to the clubhouse such as payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable
• Create and work within an annual budget approved by the Board of Directors
• Attend monthly Board meetings and give a report
• Friendly and professional personality with the ability to interact regularly with members, guests and staff
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Related experience in club management, customer service, staff supervision and budget management
• Current CPR/First Aid certification
• Creativity and initiative in developing and implementing fresh, new event opportunities for members. Experience in event planning a plus
• Proficiency in using word processing and publishing software, as well as email and social media platforms
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of club operations, including food and beverage, marketing, finance, personnel and member services
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation package includes base salary and end of year bonus, association dues, and meal discounts.
To apply, please visit the link below and complete the job application form: