The Henry C. Ulen Foundation
The Henry C. Ulen Foundation was incorporated in the State of Indiana as a charitable, not-for-profit entity on September 22, 2010. The Foundation received tax exempt status from the IRS under section 501(c)(3) on February 12, 2014.Contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible.
The Henry C. Ulen Foundation is a separate and distinct legal entity from Ulen Country Club and the Town of Ulen. The Board of Directors for the Foundation consists of the Ulen Country Club president, the Town of Ulen president, and 2 to 3 other members who are Ulen C.C. members or The Town of Ulen residents.
The Foundation’s primary purpose, as stated in Article II of its Articles of Incorporation, is to preserve, maintain and enhance the historical integrity and significance of Ulen Country Club, its historic clubhouse and golf course and/or the Town of Ulen.
Excerpt from the National Register’s website: “On September 16, 2015 ULEN COUNTRY CLUB, Est. 1924, its clubhouse and golf course and THE TOWN OF ULEN, INDIANA, Est. 1929, have been listed on the NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES by the United States Department of the Interior.”
The National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation’s historic places worthy of preservation. Authorized by the national Historic Preservation Act of 1966, the National Park Service’s National Register of Historic Places is part of a national program to coordinate and support public and private efforts to identify, evaluate and protect America’s historic and archeological resources.
The Foundation is governed by its own set of Bylaws. Listing on the National Register of Historic Places provides formal recognition of the property’s historical and architectural significance based on standards used by each state. Listing provides many state and federal opportunities for specific preservation incentives, grants, and benefits.
In addition to receiving tax exempt status, the Foundation has been able to get Ulen Country Club (its clubhouse and golf course) and the incorporated area known as the Town of Ulen listed on the National Register of Historic Places.